time-flies-clock-10-11-2006 It’s the first morning of 2011. There you are sitting in front of your computer, sipping your favorite brew, and catching up on your social networking. It really hasn’t hit you that today is the first day of the new year. It hasn’t quite sunk in that time is up on the “New Year’s Resolutions” that you made last year. In fact, you may not have even realized that you have not accomplished one of those pesky resolutions. The intentions were there, but the effort was not. The thoughts and dreams were there, but the motivation was not.

So now you are getting a little angry thinking about resolutions. The thought goes off in the back of your head, “This year will be different, I will make this year count.” You dream those dreams, you have goals and things you would like to accomplish. You know this year you will get the motivation to do the things you say you are going to do. Maybe this year. . .

We have all been there, we have all made “New Year’s Resolutions.” We just know at the beginning of every year that this will be the year that we will soar to new heights. Odds are, you are making the same resolutions and setting the same goals that you did last year. At the end of 2010 you will make the same resolutions and goals again. What’s wrong, where’s the drive and the motivation.

I know, some of you are saying to me that life gets in the way. Unexpected curves get in the way. Yes, life does happen and we fall down. In Batman Begins, Thomas Wayne tells young Bruce Wayne, “Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up.” So, we fall, we get up and we learn.

The problem is that most of us get frustrated and stop. Some curve ball comes our way and we want to get out of the batter’s box. Charles Swindoll says it this way, “I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there is no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.”

I hope that at the dawn of this new year, you take to heart that, “If you can dream it, you can do it.” (Walt Disney) God created you to be a dreamer, He created you to take risks. As I have to keep telling my self; when you step out, you will either find a place to step or He will teach you to fly. Each day is a new beginning, you can choose to change everyday, not just at the beginning of the new year.
Happy New Year everyone!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that Charles Swindoll quote is awesome!!