It has been a long while since I have posted on MitchTheFielder. Most of why I have not posted is because of my new career path and I have not had much time to write. Most of my free time I used to spend with my wife. So I will begin to post again, but I will probably take a break from writing again sometime in May of 2011.

This year has been quite an adventure to say the least. My wife and I took the biggest risk that we have taken during our five years of marriage. It has been rewarding and very challenging at times. We have had times where we have learned hard lessons to trust the plan of the One who has brought us this far. We are still learning those lessons. It may even sound cheesy given the industry that I am in, but this year has been a “roller coaster” ride with many up and downs.

Yesterday got me thinking about all that we have been through, all that I have seen. I thought about where I have been, where I am now, and where I am going. There is a problem with the way that I think when I am in the middle of a situation, as there is a problem with the way you think in the middle of a situation.

The problem with the way we think is when we are in a good situation we think that it is better than it really is, when we are in a bad situation we think that it is worse than what it really is. You can see this in our current economic state. During the good time we built a housing market and we thought buying real estate was a sure bet and you could never go wrong buying real estate, thus we created the “Housing Bubble.” We did the same with the “Tech Bubble.” Now in the recession people think recessions last forever, the don’t. People are so scared and letting fear control their every move.

That’s the problem with the way we think. Fear is a motivating factor and we let fear control us. “For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jer 29:11 NLT).

I have seen many people get on roller coasters for their first time. They start up that lift and are scared to death. When they come back they want to do it again. Why? Because they enjoyed the journey, they enjoyed the ups and downs. They learned that the long climb to the top was a part of the journey that they must take.

Enjoy the journey, enjoy the miracle of the moment. Know that where you are now is not permanent. Keep on keepin’ on.





0 comments: