I haven’t felt this way since 9-11. I hurt, I’ve cried and I’ve prayed. Sometimes I feel things I wish I didn’t feel. I really have no words to explain anything that happened or how I feel about what happened. My wife teaches in an elementary school, we both serve Kindergarteners and 1st graders on Sunday mornings. I cannot imagine what the parents are feeling that lost their precious children just a little over a week before Christmas. What is going on? We have had 7 mass shootings since April!

More than anything I have been angered by a lot of people’s responses to the entire thing. Idiot politicians begin politicizing it, and people on Facebook start talking about guns (both sides). Then what hurts the most is the people (mostly seeing from Facebook) that are saying it’s because prayer is out of schools, or God is out of school.

For those that say it’s because God is out of schools, including the creator of the picture above, I will say it as delicately as I can. . .HOGWASH! ! !

No one has the ability to “allow” God to do anything. He doesn’t need your permission to be anywhere, and He doesn’t need the Government’s permission. God is not bound by Supreme Court decisions. Jesus said, “I am with you always. . .” Matt 28:20

Sure, our government has made decisions and interpreted The Constitution on religious expression.  However, they did not kick God out of schools, because no one has that kind of power. God is not a dispassionate observer to prove a point for you either.

 Don’t tell kids that God is not with them at schools. Are you telling kids that He does not hear their cries at school because He is not allowed in there? So foolish for those that claim to follow Jesus to spread that kind of lie.

You know what. . .God is there with the teachers as well and loves them too. He is with the teachers that often feel overwhelmed at their jobs, and thousands (including my wife and mother in-law) call on him daily and pray for their students daily.  He doesn’t say to them, “I wish I could go in that school with you, but I’m not allowed.”

The God that I serve and know never promised the absence of suffering. In fact, he promises the opposite. He makes beauty out of ashes. . .but now is too early to talk about that.

Students, teachers, He is always with you, ALWAYS!

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” Psalms 38:14

Notice there is no asterix above that says *except during school, pending appeal. He draws near and doesn’t consult you, the government, or some lawyer.

The Bible is clear that Evil exist in this world, and has before now. It existed before Santa Fe ISD vs. DOE opinions on boundaries. It existed before the atrocities of the Civil War. It existed the night Jesus was born as Herod murdered innocent infants and toddlers to protect his throne. That’s right, Jesus came into the world and was greeted with unspeakable evil, and infanticide all for Herod to protect his throne and disallow God.

Authorities never get to determine where God goes, NEVER!

Evil is not new, it is exists in this world as it always has. God allows us free will, and the shooter in CT chose evil. We live in a broken world as it is, as it was, but not how it shall ever be.

I also believe that God is crying with those affected by this tragedy:

“When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled. “Where have you laid him?” he asked. “Come and see, Lord,” they replied. Jesus wept.” John 11:33-35
“In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
Good news, students! Good news, teachers!
God is in your school and never left the building. 






0 comments: