A little over a week ago Rebecca and I welcomed our daughter into the world and our lives. To quote Dinah Washington, "What a difference a day makes, 24 little hours. . . ." Yeah, what a difference a day makes. On September 21st, Rebecca and I thought we would be meeting our daughter in at least 7 days. Only a few hours later did we realize September 22, 2014 would be the day that changed everything.

I was reading this morning and stumbled across the sentence, "Make sure your face lights up anytime she enters the room, she will always feel treasured." I am not so sure that will be very hard for me to do. I have been wrapped around my daughter's finger since the moment she entered the world. My favorite part of the day is walking up the stairs to my garage in the afternoon, and opening the door to my house. There I am greeted by the love of my life, Rebecca, and my precious daughter.

My biggest thought when reading that statement this morning was, "I hope that I am the Dad of her dreams." Big goal, but I think I will try my best to be the Dad of her dreams.

0 comments: