svmath_problem
I really hate that phrase, mainly because I have heard it since I was introduced to the “word problem.” I hated word problems and I hated math in school. Time and time again my math teachers would say, “Life is a word problem.” I didn’t like that one bit, in fact I did not even want to be reminded of my math classes the rest of my life. However, the more I am alive the more I realize that life is a series of word problems.

Often we think of a problem being bad, or something that we hate. However, problems can be looked at differently. Take Walt Disney for example, Walt said, “Man needs a new set of problems to pull his mind away from the old ones.”
So what do you think about life being a series of problems?

I was in my car the other day listening to Dave Ramsey (sorry if it was another radio host, but I believe it was Dave Ramsey)  and he quoted Rick Warren about problems:

“Life is a series of problems. Either you are in one now, you’re just coming out of one, or you’re getting ready to go into another one.
The reason for this is that God is more interested in your character than your comfort. He is more interested in making your life holy than He is in making it happy.
We can be reasonably happy here on this earth, but that is not the goal of life. The goal is to grow in character, in Christ’s likeness.” –Rick Warren
So does it seem to you that you are constantly facing adversity, are you in one difficult situation followed by another? Maybe we need a perspective change. . .

0 comments: